Getting Back to our Community
It has been roughly 5 weeks since the doors of CFKV have reopened and we could not be happier. Since the reopen we have seen a return of all our familiar faces while throwing down in our workouts. Now that we have settled in to our new normal; tape lines, cleaning products, and air high-fives, we are able to get back to our usual services. Here is a quick update on holiday closures, returning services, new and exciting community events and more!
1) "Mobility" Mondays
- Our mobility class makes its return on Mondays @ 7pm with the first class being September 14th!
- Mobility class has a fee of $5 for coach Aly!
- Class limit will be 8 people to respect distancing
2) "Bring a Friend" Friday
- Our BFF will make its return running twice a month
- September 11th will be our first BFF
- Each BFF will be staggered every two weeks, the next day will be Sept. 25th
3) Gym Closures for the remaining of 2020
- Monday, September 7th (Labour Day): Closed
- Monday, October 12th (Thanksgiving): Closed
- Saturday, October 24th (Charity Event, more info to follow): Adjusted Schedule
- Friday December 24th, Saturday 25th: Closed
- December 26th: Regular Classes, NO "Introduction to CrossFit"
- January 1st: Closed
- January 2nd: Adjusted Hours (CHAD Hero WOD)
4) Member of the Week Highlight
- Bi-Weekly posts featuring members and accomplishments
- Get your 5 minutes of fame on social media
- Starting September 11th
This year the coaches and community will be back in motion and fundraising for our annual charity work. Last year we were successful is raising over $1200 for 'Movember' with the coaches performing 1 burpee for every two years. We are switching gears for 2020 and putting our focus on Breast Cancer Awareness.
Partnering with "Barbells for Boobs", the coaches of CFKV will be performing one workout every hour on the hour for 24 hours. We will be hosting a silent auction with donations from surrounding businesses, food and drink, challenges for members to come WOD with us throughout the night and more! Our goal this year is $4000. If you or anyone you know would like to get involved please let us know. We will be spreading the word to the surrounding businesses to get involved and establishing this as one of Kemptville's biggest fundraisers of the year! We will have more information on this in the coming weeks.
As a round up, we would like to extended another big thank you to all our members, new and old. Everyone has done an amazing job adapting to the new protocols, hitting personal goals and keeping the community alive. We would not be here without this amazing community! We look forward to continuing to grow with you all and helping you out along the way with your fitness goals!
Where Passion Meets Performance