Potential New Measures post COVID-19
There is no getting around it, we are all antsy and excited to get back inside the walls of CFKV. Countless emails and messages stating members eagerness to return and how much they are missing the community is a driving force for us to stay on top of at home WODs, athlete communication and now, our presumptive measures we feel will be necessary for a safe return to facility. As a staff we have been brainstorming ideas to have classes flow, continue educating members throughout while maintaining health and safety guidelines. Below we are listing potential actions to implement in order to have a seamless re-opening
- 45 MIN classes. 15 minutes to clean equipment after the WOD and to exit the facility so there is not a class overlap.
- Marked off stations. Each athlete will have an area they have to stay inside throughout a class. Bars, weights, and other pieces of equipment will be set up prior to class.
- Each station will have its own cleaning products/spray bottles
- Smaller class sizes (limit depends on gov. mandate when we get the green light. Anticipating 6-8 athletes plus coach)
- No change rooms. Please come prepared to workout in the clothes you have on. WORST CASE, the bathrooms may be used to change. They will still be operational as usual
- The move to disposable drying towels for the washrooms. Not the most environmentally friendly solution but a necessary action to take
- Hand Sanitizer will be at the front of the gym. Please apply once you enter the facility
- NO OPEN GYM. Depending on spacing, we may use the back room for regular class work as well
- 'Air' High Fives are still encouraged. A fist-bump on SugarWOD is just as good!
- CrossFit Kids times to be moved to the afternoon and limited size. This is dependent on announcement of school closures. More details to follow
- Post WOD socializing to be done in the parking lot
- We will continue at HOME WODs on SugarWOD for 2 weeks after getting the 'OK' to open. Potential to be extended
We will have more for to announce as we get closer to the opening. CrossFit Kemptville would like to extend a huge thank you to all of our members for sticking with and supporting us during this time. We are excited to get back into the facility, see everyone and throw down WODs filled with barbell and gymnastics work. The airbikes may come out sooner than later!
Stay safe and stay healthy!
- Coach Devin